UPSC Notification 2018 | Exam Dates, Registration, Eligibility and Fee
The Union Public Service Commission Examination is the most popular exam for the civil services. UPSC conducts the examination for civil services every year. IT is conducted in three parts: Preliminary, Main and Interview. The candidates shortlisted in the Preliminary examination will be eligible for the UPSC Main Exam.
UPSC Exam Notification 2018 has already been released and interested candidates have applied for the UPSC online registration. Before applying for the UPSC 2018, one must check the IAS 2018 notification for the eligibility criteria. The candidates must ensure that they are fulfilling each and every eligibility criteria to get appear for the UPSC civil services exam 2018.
UPSC recruitment 2018 will offer the recruitment facility in the following departments:
- 1. Indian Foreign Service
- 2. Indian Administrative Service
- 3. Indian Police Service
- 4. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- 5. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group 'A'
- 6. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- 7. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group 'A'
- 8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group 'A'
- 9. Indian Postal Service, Group 'A'
- 10. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group 'A' (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- 11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- 12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group 'A'.
- 13. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group 'A'.
- 14. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- 15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group 'A'
- 16. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group 'A'.
- 17. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group 'A'
- 18. Indian Trade Service, Group 'A'
- 19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group 'A'
- 20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B' (Section Officer's Grade)
- 21. Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'.Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'.
- 22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar
- 23. Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'
- 24. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
How to Apply for Civil Services 2019 Exam
As per the latest UPSCnotification, the interested candidates must fill IAS online formon the official website of UPSC which is www.upsconline.nic.in. On the official website, they will get the detailed information for filling UPSC online form. Therefore, candidates must read the instruction carefully to fill the form as it will reduces the chance of errors in filling the application form.
Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination UPSC 2019
|Date of Notification
||07 February 2018
|Application form availability
||07 February 2018
|Last date for Application Submission (online)
||6th March 2018
|Prelims Admit card
|UPSC Preliminary Exam date
||3rd June 2018
|Prelims exam result
|Main Exam Admit Card Availability
|UPSC Main Exam Date
||1st October 2018
|Declaration of final result
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Exam 2019
- Nationality: The candidate must have the citizenship of India.
- Educational Qualification: The applicants must have the Bachelor's degree in any discipline from the recognized university of India. The candidates who are waiting for the final year result are also eligible to apply.
- A) Minimum Age: 21 years
- B)Maximum Age: 32 years
- C)The reserved category have relaxation in the terms of age which is as follows:
- i) OBC: 35 Years
- ii) SC/ST years: 37 Years
- iii) Defence Security Personnel: 35 years
Number of Attempts
All the aspirants of civil service exams have limited number of chances to appear for the exam. It is as follows:
- General Category: 6 attempts
- OBC Category: 9 attempts
- SC and ST category: unlimited
Selection Procedure in UPSC Exam
To get selected for civil services, one needs to get pass in all the three stages of UPSC exam.
- 1. Preliminary Examination: To get appear in the Main exam, the aspirants must pass the prelims which will be on 3rd June 2018.
- 2. Main Exam: The candidates who will pass the prelims will have the chance to appear in the Main exam in the month of October 2018.
- 3. Interview: It is the last stage in the selection process that will be conducted for those who have passed the UPSC Main Exam.
- A) There will be two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
- B) Questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions type
- C) General Studies Paper II will be the qualifying in which minimum marks for qualifying the paper is 33%
- D) Two hours will be given for each of the paper.
- It will comprises of the following papers:
- Qualifying Papers:
- Paper A: 300 Marks
- Paper B: English (300 Marks)
- Exam to be countered for merit
- Paper I: Essay (250 marks)
- Paper II: General Studies I (250 marks)
- Paper III: General Studies II (250 Marks)
- Paper IV: General Studies III (250 Marks)
- Paper V: General Studies IV (250 Marks)
- Paper VI: Optional Subject- Paper 1 (250 Marks)
- Paper VII: Optional Subject- Paper 2 (250 Marks)
- Personality Test: 275 marks
- Total Marks: 2025 Marks
Popular Search: UPSC Exam Notification 2018, IAS 2018 Notification, Latest UPSC Notification, UPSC Recruitment, UPSC Online Registration, IAS Online Form, UPSC Online Form